2023 New Year's Resolutions
The season begins for self-improvement and maybe some (soon-to-be broken) resolutions. Making a change in your space and with yourself is always challenging. We have confidence with the right resolution and little encouragement, 2023 is the year of YOU! Here’s what we’re working on:
Less time online.
- I know I’m not the only person chronically online after my 9-5. After working hard all day, your phone or computer is the perfect form of escapism. Or is it? When you find yourself in need of an unwind, try these alternatives in place of a never-ending scroll through TikTok:
- Face mask or hair mask
- Read a book
- Unwind with aromatherapy. Lavender sachets are the perfect fragrance to promote relaxation and reduce anxiety.
Go someplace you’ve never been.
- If maybe you’re a little too comfortable in your comfort zone, visiting someplace new is a great way to be a little more daring. You don’t have to book a flight to Tahiti (although I wouldn’t blame you) to travel. Going somewhere new could mean visiting the local bookstore instead of Barnes and Noble, trying a new restaurant, or even visiting one town over.
Reduce your waste.
- It’s estimated that every American produces about 1,400 pounds of trash every year. There are so many unique and accessible ways to mitigate this.
- Try composting! Composting reduces waste, makes us less dependent on landfills, and decreases greenhouse gas emissions.
- Support businesses with sustainable formulas and packaging. At Fresh Scents, all sachet packaging is biodegradable and made with a minimum of 30% recycled materials. Likewise, room sprays are made with an eco-friendly formula – with no petroleum-based propellants, phthalates, parabens or dyes.
- Make easy switches (like turning off switches!). Ditch paper towels for reusable towels, bring your own bags to the grocery store, and turn off the lights when you aren’t home or need them. Easy-peasy.
Deep clean your house.
- While many resolutions are ongoing promises to yourself, this is a bit of a cheat. Deep clean your home for instant gratification and results. What does deep cleaning entail exactly? While deep cleaning includes the basics: vacuuming, mopping, wiping down the counter, deep cleaning can (and should) include some of the following:
- Soak the countertops
- Run the dishwasher on empty
- Wash the curtains and drapes
- Organize and clean out your closet. Pro tip: Hang a Clean Clothes sachet within your closet to keep your closet not only looking fresh, but smelling fresh as well.
Treat yourself (and others) with kindness.
- Treating yourself with kindness can come in many forms. This can mean physically choosing to get enough sleep, drinking enough water, and staying active. But it also means treating yourself kindly from within. Work on treating yourself with kindness by acknowledging your accomplishments. If you feel like you haven’t quite achieved what you’d like, celebrate the work you put in your journey to achieving your accomplishments. Like even reading this article on a new year, new you!
- If you need some motivation, try reinforcing your journey with positive messages. Set a mantra as your phone background, hang up a motivational sachet in your cubicle, or even practice your self-affirmations in front of the mirror.
We have full confidence that a new year can bring a new you – one that loves and supports themselves, others, and even the planet. Instead of setting the same goals as 2022, shake the new year up a bit with resolutions that stick. Whether you choose one resolution or 100, we have a feeling you’ll make the most of it.