Picture this: you receive a letter in the mail, and it smells so good! When you open it, you find something called a scented sachet packet with a beautiful design and an even better fragrance. You take a deep breath, inhaling the scent, and it smells so good you want it to smell even stronger! How do you use this scented sachet packet? Should you open it up and toss the inside around like confetti? NO.
Here’s how you use a scented sachet:
- Hold the sachet and take a sniff! If you like the scent, keep this one for yourself. If you want it to smell stronger, shake the sachet. This activates the fragrance inside the scent packet.
- Should you open your scented sachet? NO. Keep this puppy sealed tight. You’ll want to keep your sachet sealed so that all the fragrance remains inside. This allows the sachet to diffuse fragrance for its intended lifespan- up to 4 months after the date printed on the back of the envelope.
- Should you put your sachet on wood? NO. The fragrance oil in the sachet can damage some surfaces if it’s placed directly on them. Read the back label of the sachet to find out which surfaces you should not directly place your sachet envelope on.
- Should you put the sachet in your car? YES. Our scented sachets make great car air fresheners! Place the sachet under your seat in the car, tuck it between your sun visor and the roof of your car, or slip one of your sachets in the pocket on the back of your seat. If it’s summer, you’ll notice that the sachet gives off more fragrance when it’s left in the heat. This will lead to the sachet having a shorter lifespan in some cases.
- Should you put the sachet in a closet? YES. You can put your sachet inside shoes to help eliminate foot odor. You can attach your sachet to a hanger and use it to fragrance your clothes. You can store a sachet with your wrapping paper in your holiday closet to make your gifts smell festive! You can also place your sachet in the pocket of coats to keep them from getting musty while they are in storage.
- Should you place your sachet with bed sheets or towels? YES. You can slip a sachet in between sheets, linens, hand towels, and the like to help them smell fresh and clean. We recommend Clean Clothes or Laundry Line for this specific purpose.
- Should I let my sachet get wet? NO. Keep your sachet in a dry environment.
- Should I keep a sachet with my school supplies? YES. You can keep your children’s backpacks, papers, and school supplies smelling like their favorite scent with a sachet.
- Should I put a scented sachet in my luggage when I’m traveling? What about when I’m not traveling? YES. Storing a sachet with your luggage is a great way to keep it from absorbing odd smells from the closet or storage area where you keep your bags between trips. Slipping a sachet into your suitcase is also a great way to keep your bag fresh while you’re away from home. We all know the dilemma of mixing dirty clothes with clean clothes. Separate the two types of clothes in your suitcase with a scent barrier—a scented sachet!
- Should I keep a sachet in the bathroom? YES. You can slip a sachet in your magazine pile or use a small easel to display the artwork and enjoy a nice, subtle, enjoyable scent in your bathroom.
- Should I put a sachet in the bedrooms in my house? YES. You can place a sachet on throw pillows to provide the final touch to your bedroom décor and to keep the rooms smelling company-ready with minimal effort!
- Should I keep a sachet in the kitchen? YES. The best place to keep a sachet in the kitchen is in the liner of your trashcan to keep food odors at bay. You can also keep a sachet under the sink to discretely keep any unpleasant odors away.
- Should I put a sachet in my nursery? YES. The best way to use a sachet in the nursery is by keeping one (or two!) in your diaper pail! We hope we don’t have to explain why this is 100% one of the best parenting ideas you’ll ever have.
- Do scented sachets make good gifts? YES. It’s a great idea to include a sachet with your holiday cards. You can also use a sachet as a present-topper to provide a festive holiday scent along with your gift. If you give a friend a 6-pack, scented sachets can be a great gift all by themselves.
- Should I eat my scented sachet? NO. What kind of question is that? These are not edible. Come on now.
- Should I share my amazing sachets with all my friends? YES. post this link to your social all day long. Please and thank you.
You Might Also Like: