Should I open my scented sachet?
In a word, no. Opening a sachet will result in a bit of a mess. The fragrance oil will be exposed to different surfaces that it’s not meant to interact with, and this can result in discoloration or damage to that surface, which we always want to avoid. Look on the back of your sachet for more information about surfaces that your scented sachet should not come into contact with.
Why not open a scented sachet?
One of the best features of a scented sachet is its long life. We promise that you’ll enjoy at least 4 months of steady fragrance from your sachet after the Julian date on the back of the package, but depending on the amount of air flow and the temperature where you store your sachet, they can last much longer. Opening a Fresh Scent sachet means the fragrance is dispersed, and you won’t be able to enjoy it as long.
In the past, opening a Fresh Scents sachet, pouring the ingredients on carpet, and then vacuuming it up was popular, so this is definitely a valid question for the daily scented sachet user. Vacuuming up the contents of the scented sachet works well with bag vacuums, but it doesn't have the same fragrance effect with vacuums that use filters. For this reason, we recommend keeping your scented sachets sealed and placing them in an area with good air flow to enjoy the maximum level of fragrance. Rather than emptying the contents, just shake your sachet to activate the fragrance!
Better ways to use Fresh Scents sachets:
1. Store a scented sachet with shoes to keep them fresh!
2. Place a sachet alongside linens and blankets to give them your favorite snuggly scent.
3. Keep a sachet with your wrapping paper so that it smells like Christmas! Read more on holiday wrapping and organization here.
4. Stash a sachet in your car.
5. Include a scented sachet with a hand-written note. Personalize it your way.
6. Hang a sachet in your closet to keep your clothes fresh.
7. Get a sachet with your favorite saying and place it in a frame for fragrant wall décor. DIY here.
8. Display your sachet on an easel for seasonal décor.
9. Add a sachet as a special touch for teacher gifts! Tutorial here.
10. Hide a scented sachet in the liner of your trash can to mask any unpleasant odors.
11. Keep a sachet under the sink for a sneaky clean scent!
12. Glue a sachet to a pick and insert in fake flower arrangements to give them a fresh floral scent. See how here.
13. Include a sachet in a party favor bag. The scent will remind your guests of the fun you had together!
14. Hide a Balsam Fir sachet in your artificial tree or wreath to give it real holiday fragrance.
15. Keep a Baby Powder sachet in your diaper pan.
You Might Also Like:
💡 Learn: Scented Sachet FAQ
✨ What's New: Scented Sachets for Fall
📍 Where to Buy: Fresh Scents Sachets Retailer Finder